Allen Montessori School
The Montessori School offers extensive enrichment programs designed to aid the development of “The Whole Child”—not just the academically gifted. These programs supplement the academic environment and provide a wonderful variety of activities on a daily basis.
These programs include:
- Computer Instruction
- Outdoor Gardening
- Music Instruction
- Science Experimentation
- Reading Programs in our Extensive Library
- Fine Arts in our Specialized studio allowing for Drama and Art Appreciation, and,
- Physical Education
The Montessori School offers computer classes to children in all primary and elementary classes. Computers are introduced with basic keyboarding and mouse skills, and eventually expand to all aspects of computer technology. Our goal is to advance computer literacy skills which are directly linked and applied to The Montessori Curriculum.
We offer a number of opportunities for our children to listen, sing, compose, perform, and appreciate music. School performances allow the young star to relish recognition while developing the self-confidence of performing on stage. Our music room is developed to ensure our music instruction is an integral part of our day-to-day curriculum.
The Montessori School’s daily schedule also includes collective gathering for creative expressions, movement activities, songs, stories and group lessons. When weather permits, the children are taken outdoors to play on outdoor equipment, to play games, and to help with gardening activities.
To learn more about our enrichment programs, visit our website.
- The Montessori Method and Teaching a Foreign Language in Primary School
- Download this Montessori Alphabet App for Your iPhone to Stay Involved in Your Child’s Education
- Understanding Upper Elementary Level Montessori Education
- A Brief Look at Our Primary Program
- The Montessori School at Starcreek Featured in Active Rain Realtor Blog