Looking for some fun activities to do with the kids this summer? Martha Stewart provides 60 summer activities on MarthaStewart.com including the Clothespin Pinwheel!
This fun craft is tacked to a clothespin so you can clip them to anything — like a bicycle basket!
First, cut two 5-inch squares in different colors from patterned paper. Glue back-to-back and let dry. Then, draw diagonal lines from corner to corner. Make a 3-inch cut along each line. Fold every other point toward center and glue. Affix to clothespin with map tack and you’re done!
All of us at the Montessori Schools of StarCreek, West Plano and North Dallas hope you’re having a wonderful summer! (972) 727-2800
Make sure you mark these important dates on your calendar!
- August 1 – 10: Services for full time students only. No Montessori classes.
- August 11 – 12: School closed for all services (Teacher planning days)
- August 13: Open house 10 am – 11 am
- August 15: First day of fall semester!
Questions? Give us a call (972) 727-2800
Many schools can teach reading, writing, and arithmetic, but few understand the value of music in supplementing a child’s ability to learn. Montessori schools know that an emphasis on musical education is essential for many reasons, including the following.
- Instill Dedication: The old adage “practice makes perfect” holds true when it comes to musical education at a Montessori school. By learning about music and musical instruments, children begin to understand that dedication, effort, and commitment are necessary for success in any area.
- Strengthen Learning Skills: Studies have shown that children who experience music from a young age have a better aptitude for retaining knowledge. If you want your child to have a wide variety of interests and a capacity for learning well into adulthood, then familiarizing them with music at a Montessori schools is the perfect place to start.
- Improve Memory: Children who are exposed to music in early childhood at a Montessori school have been shown to develop a better capability for memory. Spatial reasoning goes hand-in-hand with memory development, and children who can appreciate music exhibit proficiency in both areas.
- Build Confidence: Confidence is yet another invaluable gift for your child. A confident child is a happy child, independent and assured of his or her ability to make friends. An exploration of music in your child’s educational program will help him or her develop necessary social skills.
If you would like your children to experience a diverse curriculum full of mind-enriching programs, then enroll them at one of the Montessori Schools in the DFW area.
Contact us today to find out more about our renowned learning programs. For questions or to speak with our friendly staff, call (972) 727-2800 for our Starcreek branch, (972) 985-8844 for our Dallas branch, and (972) 618-8844 for our West Plano branch.
If you’re thinking about sending your children to a Montessori school, we’d like you to have a calm and enjoyable decision making experience.
Each of our Montessori schools in Allen, Dallas and Plano offer tours for parents who would like to learn more about the benefit of their child receiving a Montessori education.
When you schedule a tour with us, you will get to see all the facilities, meet the staff and get a feel for what makes our Montessori schools unique.
Our fall semester is just around the corner so give us a call today to set up your tour! We can also give you more information about our enrollment specials.
Splash Day is a day of water fun for your child! In order to ensure a safe and enjoyable day, we must ask that you send your child to school with their towel, bathing suit and water shoes already on under their clothes and sunscreen already applied.
Please note: This activity is for toddler, primary and elementary students.
And don’t forget, if your child does not have their bathing suit or water shoes, they will not be able to participate in splash day.
The Montessori School at StarCreek has Splash Day on Tuesdays and Fridays, the West Plano location has it on Fridays and North Dallas has it on Thursdays!
If you have questions or need additional information, contact one of The Montessori Schools at (972) 727-2800 in Starcreek, (972) 985-8844 in North Dallas, and (972) 618-8844 in West Plano.
Are you looking for a preschool or daycare for your child? If you’re interested in more information on the Montessori philosophy or what your child will learn at a private elementary school, then check out some of these great resources.
- Check out this article from the National Education Association for more information on the benefits of early education on childhood development.
- You know what we think about Montessori preschool plans, but what about the general public? Visit this local.yahoo.com link for some awesome reviews on the Montessori School in Allen.
- Did you know that your child’s educational foundation is developed during the first few years of life? Learn more with this math-and-reading-help-for-kids.org article.
- Why is preschool so important for your child? Find out with this article from parents.com
- Learn how to choose the best elementary school for your child with this guide from privateschoolreview.com.
- The Montessori Method and Teaching a Foreign Language in Primary School
- Download this Montessori Alphabet App for Your iPhone to Stay Involved in Your Child’s Education
- Understanding Upper Elementary Level Montessori Education
- A Brief Look at Our Primary Program
- The Montessori School at Starcreek Featured in Active Rain Realtor Blog